It seems fitting that as spring skipped in I celebrated the 10 year anniversary of teaspoons & petals (shortly after on March 23rd). To say that this steeped journey has been fulfilling and exhilarating is quite the understatement. What began as a simple goal of creating a blog to document my exploration of varied teas, has blossomed into a vast garden that is my morning, noon and night. I live, breathe, eat, steep and sleep tea, and I wouldn't have it any other way.
As I meander back through a decade of writing articles, teaching classes, developing tea programs and products, attending tea expos, studying the leaf, capturing and sharing instagram posts, what I am actually most grateful for is the tea community who have all easily shifted from colleagues to friends (I hold them near and dear to my heart). While I am not one for generalizations, I can confidently say that tea people are the best people (the kindest, most generous, mindful, creative, etc).
While the blog has been a bit quieter than I like (thanks to the projects on my to-do list), I plan on popping back here more to expand on instagram posts that share just a short steep of the whole story. So, please stay tuned and check back (or subscribe to my newsletter for notifications of new posts). I'll be sharing sneak peeks at new creations (second mini journal on cooking with tea in digital format coming next week) and hinting at personal projects that have been simmering on the back burner and are ready to take front stage.
To celebrate the 10 years, I organized a giveaway of 12 of my favorite tea/teaware brands that can be entered via this post on instagram (note you must enter by 11pm EST TONIGHT April 2nd). Many thanks to the incredible brands who joined me in this celebration:
- Ippodo Tea (matcha whisk and spring nook matcha)
- La Colombe (Hojicha Green Tea and Ruby Oolong Tea)
- Silver Needle Tea Co (Dan Hong Pao Oolong Tea)
- Bonavita (variable temp kettle)
- Tea Ave (wenshan back baochung oolong tea, classic tea pot)
- Coco Love (Lily golden oolong tea)
- In Pursuit of Tea (Sencha fukamushi green tea & Aged white peony tea)
- Rishi Tea (1 ming chang glass tea pot, garden direct oolong tea, omija berry adaptogen blend)
- Soma Water (glass bottle)
- Timolino (pink metro mug)
- Te Company (tristar vintage '05 oolong tea)
- Golde (turmeric tonic blend)